Q: Popping noise when accelerating

I hear a popping noise when I accelerate.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi. The noise will have to be inspected to initiate a diagnosis of what the problem might be. If the noise only occurs when the body of the vehicle shifts its weight, then it is either the suspension, body mount, or possibly coming from the exhaust. The use of a chassis ear can be used to locate the source of the noise and an inspection of the suspected area can help determine the part/parts creating the issue. If the noise is more of a knocking type sound coming from the engine, you may have excessive exhaust pressure or a turbo that is wearing out. In either case, you may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to help inspect the popping noise and to make sure further issues don’t arise in correlation to the first problem.