Q: Blue smoke black smoke white smoke what do they mean

asked by on August 29, 2016

Blueish smoke coming from muffler

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If there is blueish smoke coming from the exhaust, then that is an indication that the engine is burning oil. This can come from the valve stem seals or from the piston rings. It can also come from the PCV system if it is not working correctly. If the vehicle is a 2015, then you may want to take it to the dealer if it is under warranty. I would also check the oil level is the oil have been changed recently. If the oil is overfilled, then this will occur. If you would rather not go to the dealer, a local expert from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the smoke and advise you on the repair.