Q: Clutch Unresponsive

Greetings to all. My car stopped last night and the clutch is unresponsive, the gears are changing properly though. What might be the problem?

I’m assuming that when you mean the gears are changing properly, you are referring to the gear shifter will go into each gear when the motor is off. Otherwise, if you can get the car in each gear while it is running, then the clutch is working. If the clutch has failed dramatically, then this could be possible. If this is the case, I would expect a lot of noise before the failure occurred. Either way, if you put the car in gear and let the clutch out, but nothing happens, you need a clutch. It is possible the transmission has failed as well, but this sort of failure in the transmission is very rare. You would have to drive it very aggressively often. If this is the case, the transmission needs to be removed to do a clutch so things can be inspected closer at that time. I recommend the following inspection; clutch is not working inspection to properly address the issue. Good luck!

3. Clutch Unresponsive