Q: Filling an MDX Acura with diesel instead of regular 2002 Acura MDX

asked by on December 28, 2016

I filled up my Acura MDX with diesel gas instead of regular and last night after I filled it up It ran fine but today the car won't run and I only put $10 worth of gas in. I went to another gas station after I found out diesel isn't good for the car, and they said since I put $10 I should wait until all the gas is out and then fill it with regular.
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello - your best bet is to have the diesel fuel drained from the fuel tank by a professional mechanic, replace the fuel filter, then refill with premium fuel (for highest possible octane rating to compensate for effects of any residual diesel fuel). The mechanic will know how to flush the fuel system of residual diesel fuel, and get your Acura running smoothly again. Unfortunately, this is not a service YourMechanic can offer at this time. Thanks for thinking of us though!