Q: Shuddering and hesitation on a 2015 Chevy Equinox

I've got a 2015 Chevy Equinox with 36,000 miles. My wife was at the stop light in the car and it felt like it is going to shut off. She felt shuddering and hesitation. It's been two weeks and it hasn't done it again. Any ideas?

You’d want to pray that there was a little water in the gas and it made it do that. It’s such a new vehicle. If it ever happens again, definitely take it in under warranty to see what they say about it. Because any mechanic with the dealer-level scan tool can look at all the recorded data and live in mode 6 data to see if there had been any problems. Let’s say the number 1 cylinder was misfiring and it was shaking like that. It would have a code and it would indicate that there was a cylinder one misfire. It would show you how many times it misfired, too. Cars have pretty complicated computers on them that will help you analyze the problem. You’d want to pray that it was a little bit of bad gas or something. Alternatively, you could get an opinion from a professional at YourMechanic. If it happens again, they can come to your location to inspect your car’s hesitating issue and let you know if it is anything serious.

3. Shuddering and hesitation on a 2015 Chevy Equinox