Q: When I start my car I here a howling sound. I was thinking this might be the drive belt?

When car starts up there is a howling noice. The the pitch of the sound gets higher the more rpms the engine is doing.

Hello there, many faults will cause a howling noise when your engine is running on your 2000 Chrysler LHS. The most common faults are the drive belt, belt tensioner, idler pulley, seized accessories, timing belt, or water pump. Many of the the potential faults are critical to safe operation of the vehicle and this problem should be diagnosed and repaired as soon as possible. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your engine noise and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.

3. When I start my car I here a howling sound. I was thinking this might be the drive belt?