Q: Truck overheating coolant not cycling throughout engine. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado

Just put in a brand new water pump and thermostat. Over heating wasn't an issue before I replaced waterpump & thermostat. Prior my only issue was a leak from a wobbly waterpump pulley (no longer a problem).

Hey there, thanks for writing in. You need to make sure all the air was purged out of the cooling system. If you did not get at least 2 gallons of coolant mix in the engine, then you may have excess air in the system. Check that the cooling fan clutch is locking and radiator is getting hot - not just the engine. If the top radiator hose is cold and the engine is hot, then your new thermostat is stuck closed. If you need assistance with this, I recommend having all of these items checked for you in order to have the overheating issue diagnosed and repaired correctly.

3. Truck overheating coolant not cycling throughout engine. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado