Ok i change the key battery why is it still saying no key...

Q: Ok i change the key battery why is it still saying no key detected

asked by on August 17, 2017

I change the battery to my key and it still saying no key detected

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Try to disconnect the battery for ten minutes to reset the theft system and then turn key on and wait for three minutes with key on in the run position to see if theft light goes out and then go straight to start position. If this does not work then you will need to have theft system tested and may need reprogrammed keys.