Q: If a mechanic put one of the fuel injectors in the wrong cylinder, could this damage the ECU?

Two out of 4 injectors were reconditioned but the mechanic put the injectors back incorrectly and reprogrammed them to the ECU, even though this problem has been resolved, the car is not now running well and I am wondering could the ECU have been damaged by previous mistake?

A: Hello. The ECU could not have been damaged ...

Hello. The ECU could not have been damaged by moving injectors to different cylinders. The injectors are not programmed to be in a particular cylinder of the engine. Having only two injectors reconditioned is the most likely cause for running bad. You should have all injectors cleaned to be the same flow. Only one injector not flowing as much fuel as the other three will cause the engine to run rough.