Q: 10 amp fuse keeps blowing

The 10 amp meter fuse keeps blowing out when my truck is put into drive. When in park, reverse, or neutral it is fine.

Hello.

If your meter fuse is blowing when you put the vehicle into drive then it is likely that your vehicle has some sort of wiring issue. If the issue occurs when you shift into drive, then it is likely that the short is related to the transmission. The meter fuse powers the vehicles gauges, which get their signal from the vehicle’s transmission speed sensor.

The first thing I would do is carefully examine the transmission speed sensor and it’s wiring. This sensor should be located on the transmission, underneath the vehicle. It may also be possible that the short or issue is with another sensor, or even somewhere else on the vehicle. I would start with the speed sensor and move from there.

If you’re unable to pinpoint the issue yourself, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your and diagnose the electrical issue firsthand.