Q: Code P0303 cylinder 3 misfire

Code P0303 cylinder 3 misfire, Engine studders sometimes when pressing on the accelerator. Engine light on and flashes when engine starts to studder.

A: The symptoms you describe along with the bl...

The symptoms you describe along with the blinking Check Engine Light and P0303 trouble code definitely tell us that you have a misfire in cylinder number 3.

Your engine uses a coil on plug system. This means each individual cylinder has its own spark plug and ignition coil. If you haven’t had a tune up yet, this may be an indication that one is needed. Though the manufacturer recommends replacing the spark plugs every 100,000 miles, spark plugs are considered to be a "wear" item. Over time, the gap between the contact and electrode of the spark plug increases and results in a weaker spark.

It is also possible that the ignition coil or possibly fuel injector may be duplicating this misfire condition.

Rather than guess, enlist the assistance of one of our certified technicians to come out to your vehicle and inspect your vehicle. They will be able to determine exactly what is causing your misfire and assist you with any repairs needed to get your Minivan running smooth again.