Q: Grinding noise when I turn off the engine

So ever since I bought my car a 6-speed manual transmission, 99% of the time I turn off the engine, I hear this loud grinding noise coming from the passenger's side of the engine. When I took it in a couple days after I took delivery of the car, my service advisor told me there was nothing wrong with it. However, when I took it in today (about two months later), he heard it and had his technician look at it.

Unfortunately, the technician didn't hear the noise. I also stated to the service advisor that it only happens after I drive the car for about an mile or two or more. They said to bring it back, but knowing dealers, they don't want to do warranty work. What should I do? Or can any of the mechanics in this company can possibly know what's going on? My friend, who's training to be a mechanic, sounds like a gear is grinding. It is super frustrating that my new car already has an issue.

It is a given that when you take your car to a mechanic for a noise, it will stop making the noise right when he gets in the car. It can sometimes be a challenge to get a car to act up for you. If you’ve bought a new car from these people, they owe you some satisfaction. It may mean that you need to leave the car for a couple of days and let the technician drive it around until they can experience and diagnose the problem. A reputable dealer should be willing to give you a loaner car until they can discover your problem.

3. Grinding noise when I turn off the engine