Q: The car has no compression and there is a lot of oil in the cylinders how would I fix this?

My dad said that he went to work and when ge got there the car wouldnt start so we brought oil so see if it was low and when we took the dip stick out it was dry then he tried starting it and you could hear clicking and it was the spark plugs so he took the first cyilinder plug out and it was covered in oil and then he looked in the cylinder from the hole and there was oil then he toom the second plug out and there was oil in there also and when we tried starting it up there was no compression how do i fix this??

My car has 148888 miles. On a 2005 ford focus zx4 2.3L 5 speed manual transmition

A: Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechani...

Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. If there truly is no compression and signs of oil inside the cylinders, the only way to fix this issue is to have the engine rebuilt. The piston rings are worn or broken and allowing the oil to pass by into the cylinders.

Consider YourMechanic if you'd like a second opinion on this. We can send a certified technician to you to inspect this no start issue and provide guidance to the best solution. Best of luck.