Q: Brake rotors stuck to the wheel, won't come off

Lately, I noticed that the brakes were pulsating. So, I was about to change the brake rotors on my car. I had the front one easily changed and put new disc pads on. However, I wasn't able to replace the rear ones as they got stuck to the wheel. I attempted to get them off by spraying some WD40 on the hub. They didn't come off and I don't know how to do it. Do you have any suggestion?

On your vehicle, the rear brake rotors house the parking brake shoes. So, to start, make sure the parking brake is released before attempting to remove the rotors. If the rotor is still hard to get off, carefully hit it in the middle with a hammer, being careful not to damage the wheel lugs. Wiggle the rotor back and forth while trying to slide it off. You can also try backing off the parking brake shoes through the adjustment hole at the front of the rotor. If none of this works for you, I suggest you have a professional replace your brake rotors for you. The team at YourMechanic is an excellent option since we make house calls.