I have a 2010 chevrolet malibu the service traction ligh...

Q: I have a 2010 chevrolet malibu the service traction light is on and a cruise control code mean

asked by on October 07, 2017

What does it mean when you're service traction lightTST is on and the code for cruise control and the code for transmission. My transmission was just teplaved last year, I just got a tune up, oil change and fixed the fuel injector too this month.

The traction control system maximizes traction while accelerating on loose or slippery road surfaces. The reason you are seeing the warning light continuously is there is a fault somewhere in the complex sensor system that makes the system work by regulating the engine’s output and selectively applying braking. There are wheel speed sensors, brake pressure modulators, interconnecting wiring and sensors, the control computer and so forth all of which are subject to malfunction. Traction control is an essential vehicle safety system and consequently you should definitely have the fault in the system pinpointed and repaired by a professional. The recommended service to do that is a traction control system diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.