Q: Check engine light is on. Codes go back to the purge valve. Which I've replaced 3 times in the last 5 months.

asked by on March 13, 2018

Purge valve keeps on messing up. Each time the engine light goes on, the codes read that it's the purge valve. I've replaced that 3 times in the last 5 months. What could be the problem?

Hi Miguel. Thanks for sending your question to us today. In most cases, if the purge valve has been replaced and you’re still getting codes related to this component, then it’s going to be a fault caused by the sensor or wiring connected to the sensor. Depending on which code you are getting, it could be a different EVAP component causing your issue. If you could let us know exactly what codes you are getting, it might help us provide some ideas for you.