Q: Problems putting in a spark plug in I had to thread the port for the plug now it won't stay in

asked by on September 24, 2016

How do I get the plug and the adapter from the plug port repair kit to stay in place

You are supposed to thread the hole out and get all the material from cutting cleaned out of the hole and engine cylinder. After it is cleaned then you should clean the threads with brake cleaner that will dry quickly. Then apply a high temperature red locktite to the outside of the insert making sure to not get it on the inside of the threads or on the insert tool threads. When you put in the insert it should lock in place so you can remove the tool. Apply a light coat of anti-seize to the spark plug threads and then insert and tighten the plug.