Q: How can my power steering leak all of a sudden when it wasn't driving for 30 days?

2001 Lincoln ls is leaking by front driver side wheel it was working fine until it was impounded for 30 days then when I got it back the power steering was empty how can it leak out all of a sudden when it was not driving for 30 days

A: Hey there. This suggests your power steerin...

Hey there. This suggests your power steering pump may be failing or you have a leak elsewhere in one of the power steering lines. The power steering system operates on very high pressurized hydraulic pressure (in some cases as much as 300 psi). As a result, the pump works very hard to maintain the ability to assist turning your steering wheel and when the pump is overworked due to the rack and pinion not pump fluid properly or potentially due to pinched fluid lines, this may cause it to leak.

Power steering leaks are fairly common, but should be looked at immediately by a qualified mechanic as power steering fluid can be flammable especially when under extreme pressure. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the power steering fluid leak in person so that this can be corrected.