Q: Dash lights along with fog lights and ceiling lights don't work

asked by on June 19, 2017

While trying to connect a radio last night I think I may have shorted something out but dont know. I noticed the next day that my dash lights are out along with my fog lights and ceiling lights. How much money in repairs am I looking at?

Hello, thank you for writing in. It is impossible to tell what kind of repair bills you are looking at without knowing what is actually wrong. Diagnostics are going to start with checking the fuses, and finding out what those circuits have in common. Wiring diagrams and/or tracing the wiring from those components can tell you a lot about where the short or issue is, as it is going to be a component that they share or that are in close proximity. From there the price of repairs is going to depend on the time it took for diagnostics, the cost for any replacement parts if needed, and the time the actual repair took. For more help with scheduling, and more information on pricing, contact our service department.