Q: Engine reduced power - 2008 Cadillac CTS

2008 Cts won't go over 20 MPH

Hi there. The issue you’re describing indicates that your CTS may have entered a "limp mode". This situation is caused by a sensor that discovers a problem within your transmission. When the issue is found, an error code is registered inside your vehicle’s ECM and as a protective measures, places your vehicle in Limp Mode so that you can safely get to a shop or dealer for service.

In some cases, the issue is simple; like a dirty transmission speed sensor or could be major transmission problems that need to be repaired. This issue could also be something entirely different, which is why it’s best to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection first before you continue driving the vehicle.

3. Engine reduced power - 2008 Cadillac CTS