Q: vibrations and steering wheel shimmy/shake between 45-60 MPH.

When i purchased the vehicle I drove 2 hours home. I did not feel anything up until I got up to about 65 mph. I purchased new rims and tires and had them installed with no luck, same issues. There are 0 noises coming from the front end, when driving or turning I hear nothing out of the ordinary. when turning at slower speeds, it seems that the wheel has "kinks" where it doesn't turn back smoothly, you can feel small little bumps in the steering when turning back straight. and along with the small vibration and steering wheel shake at 55 most prominently. I have had a shop do an alignment, and also inspect the suspension and steering components. They had stated twice that everything up front is in good shape and tight. nothing is leaking or moving that shouldn't be.

Hey there, thanks for writing in. You may want to have the CV (constant velocity) joints and axles inspected. When these wear out or become damaged in any way, this can cause a vibrating problem at both high speeds and while turning. You may want to go back to the shop and inquire about the CV joints. Alternatively, if you would like to have a local expert come to your location for a repair, a certified professional from YourMechanic can diagnose your vehicle vibration and have the issue addressed accordingly.