Q: Idling while driving

I recently got some service did. The issue was that my car would idle up when I'm drive it would hesitate going up a hill. So I got it checked and they said I should replace my catalytic converter, map sensor, and thermostat and also advised on a throttle body cleaning to stop it from idling when I drive after all the service it still idles up while driving what can I do

A: The main issue you have here is the number ...

The main issue you have here is the number of miles on your car. With this many miles, most cars would have been completely worn out. Unless you have taken meticulous car of your car, it is often necessary to start with the obvious problems. I suspect this is what has happened here. The MAP sensor, thermostat, and a throttle body cleaning are a good beginning to fix your car, but there are bound to numerous other issues. The catalytic converter is an emissions component that in most cases won't cause drivabilty issues.

Keep in mind, doing what they have suggested is a good beginning. Your car has a lot of miles and is likely to have several more issues. You are always entitled to a second or third opinion, but keep in mind, the shop is entitled to the time already spent on your car. If you want another opinion, I recommend having your cars driving symptoms diagnosed by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

Good luck!