I am upgrading the suspension on my 2009 dodge charger sx...

Q: I am upgrading the suspension on my 2009 dodge charger sxt do I need to upgrade the rack and pinion as well

asked by on December 31, 2017

I am upgrading the suspension on my 2009 dodge charger sxt to the eibach coilover system do I need to upgrade the rack and pinion as well or can i keep the stock system on the car? I am planning on dropping it approximately 2" all around and putting 22" rims on the car

Hi Natasha. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Anytime you make an aftermarket adjustment to suspension, you should always make corresponding changes to the steering system as well - as they work together and both impact suspension alignment. It’s best to consult with aftermarket part manufacturers on what they recommend, as we focus only on OEM repairs and service.