Q: A fuse blows when power seats are used

When we use the power seats, a fuse is blown under the hood. Several of these fuses have already been replaced. The fuses look like they are working properly, but the seats won’t work now. I’m wondering if there are any inline switches or fuses that I need to inspect. Could you tell me how many fuses are used to protect the power-seat circuit and is this problem typical for this make/model year?

The power seat motors on your 2004 Kia Amanti have only one fuse, and it is a 30 amp fuse. If you replace this fuse, and it blows when you try and operate the seat then there is a problem in the seat motors. The only way to fix the problem is to replace the seat assembly. You could have a mechanic come and diagnose your power seat problem to let you know what repairs need to be done.