Q: What does it mean when the Check Engine Light comes on?

What does it mean when the Check Engine Light comes on?

The Check Engine Light is handy tool that will tell you when something is wrong with your vehicle. It does not tell you exactly what is wrong, but a loose gas cap is a common fixable problem. If a loose gas cap is not the problem, you will need to take the vehicle somewhere to get the codes read. To understand the Check Engine Light.

1. If your Check Engine Light comes on when driving, pull over and stop the car.

2. Turn the car off.

3. Check the gas cap and make sure it is tight.

4. If the gas cap it tight and the light does not go off after a while, take the vehicle to a mechanic to get the codes read.

3. What does it mean when the Check Engine Light comes on?