Q: Was told engine was performing plenty poorly

I was recently told by a mechanic that my engine was performing very poorly. I had my engine replaced due to a blown head gasket so I am not really sure what they mean by engine is performing poorly. I do have oil leaks due to that I need an oil pan gasket and cover value replaced as I was told by a mechanic at YourMechanic that worked on my car in the past. Could that be the reason why engine is acting poorly due to that the gaskets needed replaced? Thanks

If you have a valve cover leaking oil onto the spark plugs then it can cause a misfire. This does not mean the leaks are the cause but a possible cause. I would recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and check to verify the oil leaks are causing problem and perform needed repairs to stop the oil leaks. Then the engine running problems can be diagnosed further if needed.

3. Was told engine was performing plenty poorly