Q: My car gets hot while sitting but cools down driving is it ok

My car gets hot while sitting but cools down driving is it normal

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2013 Hyundai Elantra. This could be a couple of things such as a faulty thermostat that is stuck open or closed or potentially a faulty coolant fan switch. When the coolant fans do not come on regularly while sitting at a stop, the engine has no way of cooling itself other than circulating the coolant through the motor. If the thermostat is not working properly, this will also not allow the coolant to circulate properly. Either or both of these could cause the problem you are describing. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair your coolant fan switch.