Q: Pt cruiser dieing when I remove my foot from the accelerated.

asked by on November 28, 2016

I had the timing belt replaced. When it got replaced I started it up and it runs but runs rough. The engine will run fine if I keep my foot on the gas pedal but when I take it off. The care dies on me. It's running on all cylinders. When it runs it's blowing black smoke like a diesel. What could be the issue?

Timing Belt Replacement $295.56 - $1284.62 Get a Quote

It seems as if the timing belt replacement may have an effect on the engine’s ability to run properly. If black smoke is being emitted from the exhaust, this is another indication that the engine could be out of time. I would strongly recommend taking the vehicle back to the place that installed the [timing belt]https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/timing-belt-replacement) and ask them to take a second look. If the timing is off, it is very likely that the repair would be covered under warranty. I would not recommend driving this vehicle very much at all until this issue is resolved as it can cause serious damage to the engine.