Q: I have a 2003bmw 525i , I mistakenly put tranny fluid in the power steering canister now it is hard 2steer what 2 do now

Hello I mistakenly but tranny fluid in the power steering canister for the last 2 months. Now it is very hard to turn the steering wheel as 2 ,days ago, How do I clear up the problem. Thank You Garry Anderson

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello, thank you for writing in. While it is not terribly uncommon to run transmission fluid in the power steering system (they are both hydraulic fluids), newer vehicles tend to be designed to be used with specific fluids, and do not like anything else but. The power steering system needs to be flushed out and refilled with the right fluid. From there, if any damages were done to the system, you can take further corrective action. The pump and some of the more intricate parts may have become clogged or worn. The difference between the two fluids is that the transmission fluid has extra detergents and additives that may harm the power steering gaskets and components. For more help flushing the system, contact our service department.

3. I have a 2003bmw 525i , I mistakenly put tranny fluid in the power steering canister now it is hard 2steer what 2 do now