Q: non ethanol gas

asked by on February 06, 2017

If I put non ethanol gas in my truck. Will it hurt the engine and will I be able to use regular gas again?

Passenger vehicles and light trucks from model year 2001 onward can operate on zero to 15 percent ethanol (E-15). If your vehicle is designated as a flex fuel vehicle, it can operate on gasoline that contains anywhere from zero to 85 percent ethanol (E-85). Flex fuel vehicles can switch back and forth between gasoline, E-10, E-85, and any combination thereof, at any time, with no undesirable effects. Vehicles from model year 2000 and earlier can only use E-10 or straight gasoline. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.