Q: P2402 code, Evap system warning and the leak

I need some advice related to the code P2402 that recently showed. My car has around 80,000 miles on it. The check engine light came on as well as the code, so I took it to the shop. I was told it was an Evap system and that there is a leak. I am not sure what to do next, so I would appreciate some help. What is this and how can it be fixed?

This is a fault for the evaporative emissions pump control circuit. This can mean the evaporative emissions pump is faulty. The evaporative emissions pump needs to be checked for function and then the evaporative emissions system needs to be checked for leaks caused by either a evaporative emissions valve or a faulty EVAP system connection. The system is commonly checked with a smoke machine to detect leaks. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and training to diagnose your Check Engine Light further and repair any leaks that are present.