Q: Screeching metal sound

I believe I have a power steering leak. I have to constantly put power steering fluid in my car, and without it it's very noisy. It's sounds like a screeching metal sound. It just started this two months ago. My sister had the same problem, and we both have a 2001 Aurora 4.0.

The power steering fluid you keep adding has to be going somewhere and it most likely leaking from one or more places. Typically the power steering pump, high pressure line and power rack and pinion are common failure items. Have an experienced automotive technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the system and add a dye if necessary to track down a hard to find power steering leak.