Q: The roof rack runners on my car are lose and making a rattle/whine when I drive fast.

asked by on November 12, 2016

The roof rack runners on my car are lose and making a rattle/whine when I drive fast.

These roof racks are held to the top of the car with a series of bolts and brackets. Over time, these can occasionally work themselves loose and may cause a bit of rattling as you describe. For safety precautions, you may want to look over the racks to make sure they are properly secured. Consider taking the car to a local body shop to make sure that the car is safe to drive with the rack’s condition.