Q: After engine replacement, Service Engine light on

Unfortunately, I had to have my car’s engine replaced. When I picked up my car, the service engine light was on, so I returned to the auto repair shop and they replaced the oxygen sensor. For a couple of days the light went off, but now it is on again and won’t go off. What needs to be done to fix this warning light problem?

The malfunction indicator lamp illuminates at the sign of an error in a number of the vehicles systems. The trouble code must be read every time to see if the same or a new code has popped up, then the technician can follow through with the diagnosis. The issue may or may not be related to the engine swap. It is possible that you have a faulty control units, but this is uncommon. If you would like to have this scoped out, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to thoroughly diagnose the Check Engine Light and have this addressed appropriately.