Q: Two instrument panel lights are not working - the fuel warning light and the seatbelt warning light.

I have a FAW V2 (I selected Fiat as there are no FAW option), and it seems like 2 lights on the instrument panel are not working. The one is the low fuel warning, and the other is the seatbelt warning (driver & passenger) light. The car is barely a year old, so I doubt that it is a bulb that is blown. Can it possibly be a fuse? Or a sensor? Any info will be much appreciated. Thanks

If a sensor has failed for the seatbelt light, then the light will come on. If the low fuel warning light does not come on, it indicates that either the vehicle was not driven long enough to make the light come on, or that the sensor on the fuel pump has failed.

For the fuel warning light, check the wiring between the fuel pump level sensor and the dashboard for resistance. If there is resistance, then the sensor is working. If there is no resistance, then the sensor has failed and the unit in the fuel tank needs to be replaced. If the sensor is working and there are no blown fuses, then check for any loose or broken ground wires under the dash.

For the seatbelt, check for any fuses that are blown. If there are no blown fuses, then the sensor may have looped itself and caused the computer to think that the belt is connected.

It is recommended that you change the seatbelt sensor for both the front seats. If you need further assistance in troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect your vehicle and check why the lights are not coming on.

3. Two instrument panel lights are not working - the fuel warning light and the seatbelt warning light.