Q: Acceleration stops around 38 miles

For some months when I was breaking, the traction control warning was showing up(this happened occasionally).Anyways this was the break light switch , I replaced it and the problem disappeared.

However, the same day after the fix another problem occurred and i dont know if this is a coincidence. At around 38 miles, the car is loosing acceleration and rpm is decreasing. No matter how hard I press the pedal, the acceleration and revs are decreasing(it's like releasing the pedal to the rest position,no strange noises ,no shaking, nothing ...). To fix it , i just release an inch of the pedal, then i push it again end everything works fine. This happened 4 times in 2 days...The car is not showing any warning lights ! Again, it always happened while I was driving around 38 miles and it was always on slow acceleration.

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi PTG. Thanks for contacting us today. Based on your inquiry, there are a few possible issues going on with your Mazda 3. If the vehicle has issues accelerating after the vehicle has come up to operating temperature, it’s possible that the mass air flow sensor, fuel injectors or even the fuel filter is causing a restriction of fuel. If you’re able to ease up on the throttle and it clears up, that’s more evidence of a possible fuel restriction issue. You should probably have a professional mechanic complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection to determine what is really causing this issue before it progressive gets worse.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr