Q: Service AdvanceTrac Warning

Whenever the "Service AdvanceTrac" warning light comes on the turn signals don't work properly. You have to hold them either up or down in order for them to continue flashing. When the warning light is not on the turn signals work properly. This happens every time the warning light is on. After shutting the motor on and off multiple times in a row we can usually get the warning light to go away. Does this sound like a bad fuse? Loose wire? Are they even on the same fuse or circuit? Or something more serious?? Help...

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. This is a known ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is a known issue in the Ford F150 that is usually caused by the steering column control module going bad. This is what controls this and can be purchased for around $60. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm this diagnosis for you, and perform a replacement.