Q: engine rpm drops or stalls at stop light on abrupt braking.

the car runs smoothly in cold engine & in freeways. The problem occurs upon driving about 3 to 6 miles or when the engine is hot and occur in every stoping abruptly.

Hi there. In many cases, the issue you’re talking about is caused by an ignition timing problem; typically related to a damaged crankshaft position sensor or trouble within your ignition system such as the coil or distributor. This can be a tricky item to trace, which is why I recommend contacting a professional mechanic to complete an engine stalls while warm inspection. This will allow them to pinpoint the source of your issues; saving you time, money and ensuring the right repairs are done correctly.

3. engine rpm drops or stalls at stop light on abrupt braking.