Q: Hi, can i clean the engine with any greaser? Thanks in advance

asked by on March 07, 2017

Could you also give some instruction on how should I clean the engine from grease and grimes?

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $94.99 - $114.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. While we cannot advise you on a certain product to use, there are various products that will work just fine, and you will want to research which one you feel best using. When cleaning the engine, you always want to disconnect the battery (and remove it depending on how messy the cleaning is going to be), as this will decrease the chance of electrical issues or you being shocked. Also keep in mind, certain cleaners work better for different components, and you may want to buy several different products depending on how intensive you plan on getting. Some cleaners are "all-purpose" engine greasers, which are great to help you scrub the general engine and major components. Be careful to not soak electrical components like the fuse box, sensors, and ignition system. Take the process component by component to maintain control over your cleaning chemicals and keep track of what you have cleaned. If any chemicals are left on the engine afterwards, expect them to smoke as they burn off.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr