Q: My car doesn't start up sometimes

I've had my battery checked up on and they said it's a good battery and it's at 89% but sometimes I go to start my car and it won't start. Then sometimes if I just let it sit for a few hours it'll start right up like nothing is wrong. If i get a jump it starts right away. I don't know what to do.

A: Hello there, no starts are common problem i...

Hello there, no starts are common problem in many vehicles. Given that yours will start sometimes but not other leaves a few possible causes. The most likely causes would include a fault with the ignition switch, battery cables, fuel pump, starter, or low fuel pressure.

When the symptoms are intermittent this tells us that the part only fails when it gets hot, or when a wiring is interrupted. If you need assistance with these checks, get some help from a qualified technician who will be able to diagnose your starting fault and perform any repairs required.