Q: My car won't shift out of 1st gear. I replaced the engine with one from a Saturn, now it won't shift up.

I replaced the engine from my 2004 cavalier with one from a saturn. The transmission worked fine before we switched engines. Now it will shift F, N, R, P but it won't shift up from 1st gear. I didn't know whether I would need to get the computer reprogrammed since it was a different engine or if there is another fix.

• My car won't shift out of 1st gear. I replaced the engine with one from a Saturn, now it won't shift up.