My freestlye is throwing code P0845 how should we resolve...

Q: My freestlye is throwing code P0845 how should we resolve this?

asked by on May 13, 2017

Our car has recently started throwing transmission codes. First one stated incorrect voltage from gear assembly so we replaced the gear shift assembly. That repair fixed that code, but now it is reading P0845 plus P0701. Help!

Hi There, Code P0845 relates to a pressure sensor that is not functioning properly. When the PCM or TCM receives a signal from this sensor, this information is used to control when shifts are made according to hydraulic pressure in the transmission. When this sensor is not working correctly, this sends false or inaccurate signals resulting in erratic shifting or in some cases problems shifting completely.

Code P0171 relates to a lean fuel condition which may be a result of a vacuum leak, an intake leak or potentially a bad fuel injector or fuel pressure problem. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.