Q: I have an engine code P0336.

asked by on December 28, 2015

Engine code P0336 appearing.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Having the engine code for your Pontiac is a great place to start with diagnosing your vehicle! Now the OBD code P0336 is a crankshaft position sensor range/performance code. If you have this code reading, than you are likely experiencing your Firebird having issues such as stalling, running rough, poor acceleration or perhaps it will not start at all. This code is somewhat general and does not always mean the crankshaft position sensor is bad by itself. However, from my experience, crankshaft position sensors are usually the common culprit when this code pops up, but there can be other factors causing this code to appear. These reasons include a broken or damaged interrupter ring (this is attached the crankshaft pulley and as the engine spins the crank sensor reads the interrupter ring to determine the position of the crankshaft) or bad wiring to the sensor itself. While you are now more informed about the code, it is always best to have a certified mechanic inspect the engine to verify the problem and failed parts.