Q: 1995 Lexus ES 300 won't stay running

When I start my car, it runs for about 20 seconds and then stops. If I keep my foot on the brake pedal while starting it, it will stay idling until I put the car in gear. Then it cuts out. My fluids are OK, and there's gas in the car.

Based on the symptoms listed, I suspect an electronic or computer issue. Mainly because of the part about the brake pedal. I would recommend having an inspection performed on your vehicle to determine why your car is starting and then dying. A scan tool may be needed in order to get readings from certain modules or sensors within the vehicle. If any sensors are not producing a signal, this may be causing your issue. Repair any electrical faults in your vehicle as soon as possible as faulty electronics can be irritating.