Q: 1995 Lexus ES 300 won't stay running

When I start my car, it runs for about 20 seconds and then stops. If I keep my foot on the brake pedal while starting it, it will stay idling until I put the car in gear. Then it cuts out. My fluids are OK, and there's gas in the car.

Based on the symptoms listed, I suspect an electronic or computer issue. Mainly because of the part about the brake pedal. I would recommend having an inspection performed on your vehicle to determine why your car is starting and then dying. A scan tool may be needed in order to get readings from certain modules or sensors within the vehicle. If any sensors are not producing a signal, this may be causing your issue. Repair any electrical faults in your vehicle as soon as possible as faulty electronics can be irritating.

3. 1995 Lexus ES 300 won't stay running