Q: Squealing at lower speeds

My car has a mileage close to 150,000 miles. I've recently noticed the squealing noise that seems to be coming from under the car. The noise can be heard while I'm going either forward or backward at low speeds. There are no sounds when the car is revving in park though. The brakes are relatively new. I put 22'' rims on the car. The only thing that seems to help with the noise is putting WD-40 on springs, bearings, control arms etc. Do you have any suggestions? Is there anything on the car that I should check and replace? Thank you.

Hello. If the noise is related to the vehicle going over bumps or imperfections in the road then it is in the suspension. If it occurs when the vehicle is moving then it is something else. If that is the case it is either a failing bearing or a bad u-joint. Both of these commonly cause this. If it is the suspension then it is usually the upper control arm bushings or the shocks. It is also common for the frame crossmember to make noise. It usually needs to be removed and reinstalled with new washers. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the cause of the noise.