Q: Squeaking sound when backing up

The left turn signal is not working (back light left indicator is not functioning). Also, when backing up, I sometimes hear a squeaking sound when turning the steering wheel.

The left rear bulb would need to be checked to see if it is bad. It’s possible that there could have also been a blown fuse or a short that has occurred. A technician will be able to inspect your turn signals to see what repairs should be made.

The steering noise may be caused by a problem with the steering shaft and covered under a recall from the manufacturer. I recommend seeking a certified mechanic to come and test your vehicle for you to check these problems and see if the failures can be repaired or recalled at the dealer.