Q: Squeaking sound when backing up

The left turn signal is not working (back light left indicator is not functioning). Also, when backing up, I sometimes hear a squeaking sound when turning the steering wheel.

A: The left rear bulb would need to be checked...

The left rear bulb would need to be checked to see if it is bad. It's possible that there could have also been a blown fuse or a short that has occurred. A technician will be able to inspect your turn signals to see what repairs should be made.

The steering noise may be caused by a problem with the steering shaft and covered under a recall from the manufacturer. I recommend seeking a certified mechanic to come and test your vehicle for you to check these problems and see if the failures can be repaired or recalled at the dealer.