Q: My car consumes fuel excessively

My car has the check engine light on and it consumes fuel excessively.Though its emission at the exhaust is pretty okay.

Hello there. Many faults could cause your vehicle to consume excessive fuel. The most common faults are a misfire condition, a bad mass airflow (MAF) sensor, a fuel leak, a vacuum leak, a faulty oxygen sensor, or an exhaust leak. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to inspect your vehicle, determine why you are getting poor fuel mileage, and make any necessary repairs to resolve the issue.