Q: Drove car through deep puddle and now it makes a loud noise when accelerating

Today I drove my car through a deep puddle, and since then the car is making a very loud, grating, metal on metal sound. The noise only happens when I accelerate. Otherwise, the car is fine. Any ideas what is wrong?

How is the car driving other than the noise? If it’s running poorly, this could be a very serious problem and you should have it checked as soon as possible. Sometimes when driving though big puddles, water can get sucked into the engine and cause internal parts of the engine to break or be damaged. If it’s still running ok, then there is a chance that something minor was damaged, like a heat shield or something along those lines. You should contact a professional, such as the ones available from YourMechanic, to diagnose the noise on acceleration that you’re hearing.

• Drove car through deep puddle and now it makes a loud noise when accelerating