Q: Gas leaking under car

asked by on February 20, 2016

It appears my gas tank may have ruptured. I went to turn on my car the other day and noticed gas gushing out from underneath.

Fuel is leaking from gas tank Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi. This is a possibility, however, it is more likely that one of the fuel lines has a leak. The fuel pump will turn on with the key turning which would cause the gas to start pumping out when trying to start the car. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, would be able to inspect the fuel leak and locate the source of the leak.