Q: Starter not engaging flywheel

asked by on February 05, 2016

I put in a new battery, solenoid, and starter. The car worked fine a few times and then the starter stopped engaging the flywheel and I cannot get it to reengage.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi. If you have replaced all of those components and now the starter is not engaging I would believe it was the ignition switch. I recommend having a technician come out and check voltage at the solenoid and starter and from the ignition switch itself. The mechanic will check for any electrical problems your vehicle is facing and replace any failing parts.